Carpenters Local 4 is affiliated with the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America (UBC). Members of Local 4 join with the UBC's more than half-million members in the construction industry.

The 850+ current members of Local 4 continue to build on the Local Union's over 100 year history of improving life through hard work, education and solidarity.

Our members are dedicated to working skillfully and productively to help our signatory Contractors succeed in today's highly competitive marketplace. The journeyman and apprentices of Carpenters Local 4 are dedicated to extending the legacy of superior work - done right the first time, safety on the job and with persistence for excellence.

Carpenters Local 4 represents Union Carpenters in the Iowa counties of nothern one-half of Louisa, Muscatine and Scott and the Illinois counties of Rock Island, Mercer, Henderson and Henry.

Carpenters Local 4 maintains a Training Center in East Moline, Illinois which teaches and trains our journeymen and apprentices to be highly skilled craftsmen and women.

All meetings will be regularly scheduled for the first Monday night of the month at 5:00pm unless if falls on a holiday:

  • April 3rd 2023
  • May 1st 2023
  • June 5th 2023
  • July 10th 2023
  • August 7th 2023
  • Sept 11th 2023
  • Oct 2nd 2023
  • Nov 6th 2023
  • December 4th 2023
  • January 8th 2024
  • February 5th 2024
  • March 4th 2024
  • April 1st 2024
  • May 6th 2024
  • June 3rd 2024
  • July 1st 2024
  • August 5th 2024
  • September 9th 2024
  • October 7th 2024
  • November 4th 2024
  • December 2nd 2024

For more recent News and Events please visit us on facebook at Carpenters Local 4


1. What are Reciprocity or Transfer Request forms?

These are forms that local 4 members fill out if they work outside of the counties of local 4 which consist of Scott, Muscatine, Louisa in Iowa and Rock Island, Henry, Henderson and Mercer counties in Illinois. These forms tell the local union’s fund offices (The local carpenters hall where you are working) that you would like to have your monies sent back to your local fringe benefits office. You need to fill out potentially 3 forms, one for the Pension, Retirement Savings , and Healthcare . Some locals have the same pension plan, health plan or retirement savings so no form would be needed for that fund. Most Important step if you travel is to call local 4 563-386-1618 and ask for help with your Reciprocity/transfer request forms and questions.

2. What if I’m travelling to work in local 4 jurisdiction?

Please call the hall (563-386-1618) to check in and we can assist you to ensure your monies are being reciprocated/transferred back to your Home funds.

3. What happens to my benefits if I do nothing?

You could potentially lose the monies or establish healthcare in 2 funds temporarily or establish a 2 nd Retirement Savings Fund account where you are charged an annual fee to maintain an account and eventually the money could be lost to the fees associated with that fund. Remember 1 Account = 1 set of fees and easier for you to keep track of your records and accounts.

4. How soon should I fill out these reciprocity/transfer forms?

As soon as possible. It is best to fill the forms out before you travel to another local’s area. Delaying filling out the paperwork could potentially have an account opened for an out-of- town Local’s area and you will lose the ability to transfer back to your home funds!

5. What work do carpenters perform?

Carpenters perform a wide variety of work in the Construction industry typically carpenters are the 1 st craft on a jobsite and the last to turn the key over to the owner. We lay-out buildings (foot print), shoot grades, run GPS total stations, Concrete Formwork, Wood framing, Metal framing, Insulation, Drywall, Acoustical ceilings, Fireproofing, Shingling, Siding, Fascia, Soffit work, Trim work, Millwork(cabinetry), Doors and Hardware. We also cover Piledriving (Foundations for big buildings and bridges) bridge pier forming and decking, welders and marine work including divers. Carpenters also work on the Production of Doors, Cabinets and Countertops, Stairs and Installation of a vast majority of all finish products called FFE (furniture, fixtures and equipment). Handrails to mirrors to toilet partitions on commercial projects. We perform flooring work from wood, soft tile, hard, tile and the vast array of new flooring systems available today.
Nuke Workers Form:

Full Name:


Phone Number:

Local Union #:

Additoinal Comments: